Get ‘geared’ up this weekend and ready to go for the start of The Sustrans Bike to School Week which runs from the 5th – 9th June! The event encourages children to cycle to school, promoting a healthy start to the day. Sustrans have also provided a few tips to help you and your child get the most out of the week.
- Draw a storyboard – Detail the route taken in a storyboard which can be compared to friends
- List alternative modes of transport – Discuss the positives and negatives of travelling by each mode of transport
- Up to 600 Calories – That’s the approximate number of calories burnt per hour when cycling. Why not calculate how many you burn on the way to school.
- Calculate your heart rate – Take your heart rate before and after the cycle to school and see what happens
- Watch the M-check Video – A video is provided online to encourage children to check their bike before every ride.
To find out more information and to watch the video, follow this link.